About the job
CommunityConnect Labs is looking to hire a Quantitative Researcher to generate insights to inform the social services field, as well as our organization’s tools and practices. The researcher will work conduct research on user experience, product instrumentation and impact analysis. The position will report to the Engineering and Product Director with the following responsibilities:
- Seek out, explore, and analyze data sets to generate insights to inform the design of products, experiences, and services
- Structure human-centered research and leading multidisciplinary internal and client teams through designing research plans, developing quantitative research activities and tools
- Communicate complex results with clients and teams
- Identify opportunities for product instrumentation such that the user journey is more easily mapped, product impact has clear data associated with it and product improvements and features can be developed to improve the user experience and their ability to navigate the product.
- Lead qualitative research activities with end users of CCLs products such that user needs are a part of the product development and implementation process, user stories become a part of how CCL relates impact to its clients and the “user voice” is present in decision making.
- Conduct quantitative research that demonstrates the impact of the organization’s work to partners, clients and stakeholders.
A successful candidate will have experience with the following skills and experiences:
- Masters or PhD in sociology, political science, economics, anthropology, psychology, or similar field of study.
- Prior experience as a teaching assistant during their time as a graduate student
- Have published reports in your field of study.
- Have experience working with underserved communities and conducting research within these communities.
- 2+ years of of professional experience outside of academia, preferably as a consultant
- Applied knowledge of various qualitative research methods including survey design, focus groups, story capture and observations.
- Qualitative research experience using tools to analyze text, synthesize large quantities of research concisely, and various types of public, academic, and private databases
- Successful execution of impact analysis design including identification of methods, data requirements and completion of the project.
- Experience with designing surveys and experiments
- Experience designing and executing research plans—integrating both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Python and R programming skills
- Familiarity with ML and NLP
- Exceptional writing, verbal and written communication skills.
You have worked with several types of the following methods:
- Survey design and analysis, including coding of online surveys using Qualtrics, or similar systems
- Sample design
- Web analytics and analysis
- Measurement design
Through the interview process, we’ll be looking for evidence of these qualifications and we recognize these qualifications may be embodied in different ways.
Our Team’s Culture and Benefits:
- We know that great people make a great organization.
- We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits including competitive salaries,health benefits, flexible work arrangements, and professional development opportunities.
- An amazing mission: CommunityConnect Labs’ mission is to help governments and nonprofits provide better services to communities they serve.
- We are impatient changemakers.
- The work is challenging and fast-paced.
- The hours can be long and we expect the highest quality of work from ourselves.
- We offer you the flexibility to make daily choices that can help you to be healthy, centered, and productive.
- We are a mission-driven company where you can do your best, most important work for society. We continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where people's talents can shine.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work.
Who We Are:
- CommunityConnect Labs is an enterprise software solutions provider that serves the most innovative government agencies and nonprofits in the country.
- We are a social enterprise with a mission of positive social impact.
- We provide mobile-first solutions as well as professional services for nonprofits and local governments to better connect and engage their communities.
- We are winners of the Twilio Social Impact award and Amazon Imagine award.
- Our work has been evaluated by governments and published in academic journals.
Location: Anywhere in the United States